.


And sometimes I ramble...

Alright, so in about two weeks, I will be going under the knife again. Aside from the normal and expected feelings of trepidation, as well as the specific-to-self post trauma I have from the 10 previous surgeries, this signifies one very important thing: I have to quit smoking.

I don't smoke cigarettes. I smoke cigars...shaped and sized like cigarettes. (They were cheaper that way. Give me a break.) Ok, so over the years I may have gotten slightly carried away with what started as an occasional habit to take moments to myself, whether out back or out walking the city. It turned into a pack-a-day routine. Which, come to think of it, is probably worse for me than cigarettes.

All of that is irrelevant, really, because now I'm faced with another surgery, and quitting the habit is necessary for my successful recovery. (As will be the continual chanting of various swear words.) So I'm looking at this operation thing -- you know, getting cut in the throat to fix up this herniated disc and fuse the spine together with a cadaver bone and all -- and the main thing I'm fretting is having to quit smoking. Odd, that.

Maybe it's time I get some e-cigars or something. Or, you know, just quit.

1 comment:

  1. These have the worst product name ever. I can't be the only one who thought these were some sort of online cigar. You look pretty cute not smoking them, though.

    ReplyDelete

The space below is where you try to be funnier than us. Ok, go.